Ten Years Ago
I had just finished my freshman year of high school and was probably spending the summer bumming rides off my brother, reading, and working at the bagel store.
Today’s To Do List
Go to work, remember to drop off rent check, get groceries, and not strangle anyone who I work with. (Noble goals, yes? One should only work retail up to a certain point without a promotion to manager. Otherwise, you’re doing the job with none of the authority and respect, and you begin to lose bits of your soul.)
If I Were Suddenly A Billionaire
(let’s assume we have given to the church.)
1. Make sure my parents are okay to retire.
2. Support the Uganda mission, maybe build their clinic an actual maternity wing.
3. Pay off my siblings’ and my student loans.
4. Buy a home.
3 Bad Habits
Worrying, not being organized with my money, laziness.
5 Most Recent Jobs
1. Periodicals clerk at large bookstore.
2. Visiting Assistant Professor at small liberal arts college.
3. Teaching Assistant at huge public university.
4. Shift Manager at crazy private coffee shop in KY.
5. Deli work at small Bagel store.
5 Random Things You May Not Know About Me
1. I love thunderstorms.
2. I lost all the fingernails on my left hand when I was 14.
3. I love to sing but never do because I know so many people with amazing voices.
4. I like to eat Ranch Doritos with sour cream to dip them in.
5. I’m secretly addicted to Lost.
5 Places I Want to See/See Again
Want to see: Rome, Greece, Ireland, the Louvre, and Nairobi.
Want to see again: Uganda, London, Jasper and Banff, the Bay of Fundy and the Gulf of Mexico.